Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone playing downloaded songs automatically in my car

So here is what happens - I plug my iphone 11 in my car via USB and it works fine for phone calls and doesn’t start playing anything automatically, I usually listen to the radio in the car, but then if I use the maps function as a sat nav it starts playing the downloaded songs in Apple Music!! So then I switch it back to radio until the next instruction from my maps is said and it starts playing the songs AGAIN!!!! 😡 it just seems to be a circular thing of me switching back to radio every time there is an instruction from the sat nav.

I have tried:

turning off mobile data for it - still happens (think this is because the music is downloaded)

turning car play off in settings - the whole phone then won’t work.

deselecting auto play when the song is playing - doesn’t work.

has anyone got a solution?!? I might have to delete Apple Music which I kinda don’t want to do but seems the less annoying option.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Oct 6, 2021 2:48 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Oct 7, 2021 12:34 PM in response to Splint1983

Hello Splint1983,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like Apple Music playing songs randomly when you're using CarPlay. We understand your concern with this behavior, and we'd like to help.

When did you first notice this issue? Did anything change around the time this started, like updating an app or iOS?  Does your car support both connecting using USB, and wirelessly? Does the issue persist with both connections?

Please check out this helpful link:

Play music, podcasts, audiobooks, and news in your car

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Oct 15, 2021 5:21 AM in response to Splint1983

Hello Splint1983,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. We understand your concern with this behavior where songs play randomly when you get the next instructions from maps and that turns off the radio. We'd be happy to look into this more.

Have you checked to see if there's a firmware update for your vehicle?

iOS 15.0.2 was released recently, so if you haven't already, please back up, update your iPhone, and test again by following these steps:

Back up iPhone

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support for further assistance. You can contact them using the following link:

Get Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Best regards.

Oct 7, 2021 1:26 PM in response to barberlives123

Hello,

thank you for the response. It has happened since the latest IOS update. If I connect my phone via Bluetooth it doesn’t have the full range of functions and can literally only be used as a phone, this is why I tend to USB it as the functions are more. So therefore the issue does not happen with Bluetooth.

Thank you for the link but I can’t edit anything on the music for the car - the iPhone does not give that option. If I wanted to remove/edit other things like podcasts etc I can, I have tried to include a photo to show you this. Also the other options don’t seem to include downloaded music only how to adjust it if I subscribe to Apple Music, which I don’t.

thank you again

iPhone playing downloaded songs automatically in my car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.