Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App update on child ipad prompts for itunes password on each app update

Several issues. All issues below on child ipad v 13.2.3 with seperate itunes id for child and with My itunes id setup as parent under family configuration and with parental controls / screen time restrictions enabled.

1) Previously installed Apps installing updates reprompts for the child itunes password for each update. Say i check in once per month there are 10 app updates just pending and must manually click on each update to install and then i am prompted as each update is run to retype the password 10x annoying. On the child ipad, under settings; screentime; content privacy; itunes app store; i have checked password Don't Require .. so I would think this setting is intended to allow updates without prompting .. i have toggled this back and forth but does not help

2) When screentime is configured to NOT allow access to app store, cannot see pending updates and or run the updates and does not happen automatically. A better approach would be to leave the App Store icon on desktop but just allow it to display the pending updates and run updates rather than completely removing the icon. Again this is for child ipad with parental controls enabled. Normally we set Installing apps to Don't Allow .. this causes the App Store icon to disappear ... problem is you cannot easily see you have pending app updates. The only way to see if there are pending app updates is to manually go into and allow Installing Apps to expose the app store icon.

Is there any way under 13.2.3 to either 1) stop prompting of itunes password when installing app updates (i am ok with the prompt on installing a new app) and or b) having app updates install automatically without having to manually toggle on the app store

iPad Air 2, iOS 12

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 8:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 9:22 AM

Hello,

If you restrict access to not allow the App Store then application updates will not download as expected.

Similar questions

1 reply

App update on child ipad prompts for itunes password on each app update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.