Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon P215 scanner after MacOs Catalina

I cannot use Canon P215 scanner anymore after MacOs Catalina. I updated a new driver, but there is allways "error, cannot use driver."

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 2:14 PM

I also like ViewScan--used it at work for years after AGFA decided our expensive DuoSCAN flatbed did not need OSX support.

However, have you tried scanning with Image Capture? It is already on your Mac. Since I retired it's all I use.

Scan images in Image Capture on Mac - Apple Support

6 replies

Nov 27, 2019 1:09 PM in response to he144

You are done with Canon. As Keith Barkley pointed out, the paid, non-subscription, 64-bit VueScan is your only option now, and it costs less than a new scanner. Fortunately, it supports your Canon P-215 without any Canon software.

I have owned VueScan Professional since 2010 and continue to use it with a scanner that Canon has not supported since that time. I have never paid an update fee for the software (feature of the Pro version), and do not receive any benefit from the vendor for mentioning their product here.

Canon P215 scanner after MacOs Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.