Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open Numbers file

Since I upgraded to Catalina I cannot open any Numbers files. Numbers is up-to-date. Has anyone experienced any problems opening Numbers spreadsheets? I welcome any suggestions the community might have. thanks

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 5:26 PM

You will see there are many threads here about this problem. Make sure you're running the latest release of Catalina and of Numbers. If you're syncing with iOS/iPadOS make sure those devices have also been updated to the latest.

Then try shutting down your Mac and restarting.

If that doesn't work then restart in "safe" mode (hold down the shift key when restarting) open a document, save it, close it, shut down, and restart normally.

SG

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2019 5:26 PM in response to Shadmonster

You will see there are many threads here about this problem. Make sure you're running the latest release of Catalina and of Numbers. If you're syncing with iOS/iPadOS make sure those devices have also been updated to the latest.

Then try shutting down your Mac and restarting.

If that doesn't work then restart in "safe" mode (hold down the shift key when restarting) open a document, save it, close it, shut down, and restart normally.

SG

Nov 29, 2019 9:51 AM in response to nataloon

This is a recurring problem for me, too. I reboot and it works - then maybe 4 hours later nothing works again. I does not appear to be a Numbers only problem. Same issue viewing PDFs and it all starts and stops at the same time. This is really disrupting my business. It needs to be fixed ASAP.

Can't open Numbers file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.