Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I subscribe to HBONOW through iTunes and can watch on safari but Apple TV on my Mac says I need a subscription. what is going on?

I can access HBONOW through old Apple TV devices and through Safari but I cannot access it through the Apple TV app. It states I need to subscribe. I've researched but I'm still unclear as to where the problem is.

Mac Pro

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 1:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 8:30 AM

You will have to make a choice, which subscription you want.

• HBO Now with its own app and web access, and keep everything as-is,
  • or the in-app Apple TV app Channel ‘HBO’ – only viewable within the Apple TV app (on any supported device with that Apple ID)

If you want to change to the other one, then you should unsubscribe from the former.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 8:30 AM in response to kcasteel

You will have to make a choice, which subscription you want.

• HBO Now with its own app and web access, and keep everything as-is,
  • or the in-app Apple TV app Channel ‘HBO’ – only viewable within the Apple TV app (on any supported device with that Apple ID)

If you want to change to the other one, then you should unsubscribe from the former.

I subscribe to HBONOW through iTunes and can watch on safari but Apple TV on my Mac says I need a subscription. what is going on?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.