Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to buy songs from Apple Store that were added to Library during Apple Music Trial

After many years of purchasing songs on iTunes, I thought I would give Apple Music a two week try. I found I preferred the old way of just buying the songs for my library and canceled the trial.

During the trial, I added about 7-8 songs to my 3000+ library. Clicking any of these 7-8 songs brings up a message for me to subscribe to Apple Music again. I am unable to delete these songs from my library so I can purchase the songs from the store. (To Delete I Click the 3 dot menu on the song, select "Delete From Library", confirm the "are you sure" dialog.) Plan B: I tried going to the store to purchase the song in the hope it would overwrite the "Apple Music" version. This also fails.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 10:04 AM

Music > Preferences > Turn off Sync Library. They should disappear automatically, and you should be able to purchase in the store.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Unable to buy songs from Apple Store that were added to Library during Apple Music Trial

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.