Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Library Disappeared after Subscription Renewal and Region Change

I do Apple Music on a family plan. The organizer of the family plan changed regions and cancelled the subscription, renewing it two days later. Afterwards, my music library was empty, no downloaded or saved music and playlists. This was on all Apple devices: iPhone 8 and Macbook Air 13-inch 2015. If I am not mistaken, Apple Music has a limit of 30 days between cancellation and renewal before saved content is deleted/wiped, and there was only two or so days in between cancellation and renewal of the subscription. The subscription was renewed at the start of the month and no music has returned since.

After contacting Apple Support, their solution was to redownload the songs and that this was "normal behavior." Prior I had 100+ songs in my library compiled into five different playlists and I would prefer if there was a solution that did not involve having to find these songs again.

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:47 PM

As far as I know, if a subscription is cancelled there is no guarantee if or for how long the music library is retained after the billing date. At the bottom of:

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

it says "If you cancel a paid subscription, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date." but after that date, it says nothing.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 8:47 PM in response to AWPariyesana

As far as I know, if a subscription is cancelled there is no guarantee if or for how long the music library is retained after the billing date. At the bottom of:

How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

it says "If you cancel a paid subscription, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date." but after that date, it says nothing.

Apple Music Library Disappeared after Subscription Renewal and Region Change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.