Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook sleep, or shut down?

Hi guys, I just bought a macbook pro today... it's my first ever macbook, I'm coming from Dell (Windows), I set it up at the Apple store and then I told it to sleep. It was at 100% fresh out of the box. Several hours later when I re-opened the laptop, it was at 100% and immediately dropped to 5%. I'm wondering, to conserve battery when unplugged, should I always shut down the mac, every single time? On Windows I always used to hibernate, and it was fine. I don't see an option to hibernate on mac. I am a college student, so I need it to hold its charge while in my backpack.

I don't think it matters, but in case it does, it is the 13 inch macbook pro 2019, 256 GB SSD. Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 3:20 PM

Try SMC Reset and if it does not help take it back to the store......How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

4 replies

Macbook sleep, or shut down?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.