Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon TS5151 Not finding driver when trying to add printer

Hello, I've had my Canon TS5151 printer for about a year now and had intermittent connection issues but nothing that's never been resolvable. I've had no issues for a while but i've gone to scan a document just now and it will not find the printer/scanner. I played about for about an hour but nothing so thought I'd uninstall the printer and add it back in. Except it won't let me add it back in at all. I've gone through the canon software to install it and it won't find the printer so suggests I search for it using the IPv4 address. After that it's all okay until I get to the point of adding the printer in system preferences and it won't display 'AirPrint' in the driver list(img below). When I try using auto select it also doesn't find a driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated please? Many thanks, Josh

*If required, I'm running macOS Catalina V10.15.1 *

This is the instructions canon provide that automatically open when trying to add the printer :

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 1:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 1:40 PM

Uninstall all the Canon software, it's unneccessary and will likely just create problems. Once uninstalled, please remember to empty the Trash. Then restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support and then restart normally. To add the printer please follow Apple's directions:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-on-mac-mh14004/mac

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2019 1:40 PM in response to rallydragon

Uninstall all the Canon software, it's unneccessary and will likely just create problems. Once uninstalled, please remember to empty the Trash. Then restart in Safe Mode per the directions in Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support and then restart normally. To add the printer please follow Apple's directions:

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/add-a-printer-on-mac-mh14004/mac

Canon TS5151 Not finding driver when trying to add printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.