Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera is messed up

I dropped my phone from about 12 inches off the ground, no scratches anywhere - front or back camera - and immediately after my camera DID NOT function on anything except for using the front camera on FaceTime & Instagram only!! Every couple hours the front camera on Snapchat will open, and as soon as I try and flip the camera it freezes and doesn’t work for hours again! My Camera application has not worked at all, neither cameras. I restarted my phone countless times, deleted the applications, updated my phone to the newest IOS, and still my camera is NOT functioning on anything except for the front camera on FaceTime & Instagram!! And when I tried to use FaceTime it says “camera is currently being used for another application”, even tho all my applications had been closed at the time. This phone is around 6 months old and the behaviour I’ve been experiencing from it is quite odd. I would assume if my camera is broken it would not function on ANY applications whatsoever! There is nothing else dis functioning on my phone besides the camera which is very strange to me in my experience of being an Apple customer for years.

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 2:13 PM

See this, If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support and if that does not help, contact Apple Support if necessary.

Similar questions

1 reply

Camera is messed up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.