Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to buy, MacBook or iPad pro

What Can I do on a Mac that I can´t do with an iPad Pro?

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 10:56 AM

A computer is inherently more powerful than a tablet. It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you are a graphic artist using Creative Cloud, then you need a computer, not a tablet. If you want to do spreadsheets and word processing, you can use an iPad. IMO, no, an iPad will not replace a Macbook Pro

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 29, 2019 10:56 AM in response to henning39

A computer is inherently more powerful than a tablet. It all depends on what you want to do with it. If you are a graphic artist using Creative Cloud, then you need a computer, not a tablet. If you want to do spreadsheets and word processing, you can use an iPad. IMO, no, an iPad will not replace a Macbook Pro

Nov 29, 2019 12:26 PM in response to henning39

There is only one good way to figure it out: go to an Apple store and play with both and ask lots of questions.

There is no wayto give a unilateral answer because everyone has different needs. For me, my iPad will never replace my computer. File management and other every day tasks are much easier and I find creating my art cards is easier on the computer as well.

What to buy, MacBook or iPad pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.