Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add child family member email address

How can you add a second (non-icloud) email account to a child family member with Parental Controls in place? On the Settings > Passwords & Accounts page, the ACCOUNTS info that includes Add Account are not accessible. Looking through Parental Controls, I cannot find a way to enable this.

Thank you

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 1:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 9:31 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities pc610,

I see that you're asking about adding an email account to a child's account that has parental controls set on it. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

If the account has parental controls set, you'd have to disable them, and then add the account, and then put the parental controls back onto the account. The following article can help with parental controls and allowing changes to be made.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope this help!

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 9:31 AM in response to pc610

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities pc610,

I see that you're asking about adding an email account to a child's account that has parental controls set on it. I'd be happy to provide you with some information to help.

If the account has parental controls set, you'd have to disable them, and then add the account, and then put the parental controls back onto the account. The following article can help with parental controls and allowing changes to be made.

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Hope this help!

Have a great day!

Dec 30, 2019 3:57 PM in response to KMB_12

Belated thank you for your reply.

Navigating from the link above, basically followed the last topic box (Allow changes to other settings and features).

On my phone, went Settings > Screen Time > [select family member] > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Account Changes > [Enter Screen Time Passcode] > Allow

Family member could then add their email accounts. Followed above string to change back to Don't Allow.

BTW took a while to work out how to turn off Parental Controls on MacBook. From System Preferences > Parental Controls select the settings cog icon at bottom left of user box.

Thank you again!

Add child family member email address

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.