Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes store unable to process purchases at this time. please try again later

I am not trying to purchase anything from the iTunes store but the message keeps appearing on my Apple Watch. I have tried to power down both the Apple Watch and the related iPhone 8 with no luck. I have no indication of any gesture, opening menus or any other manipulation that will trigger the message. It just appears, sometimes two ro three times in a couple of minutes. Some other times, it does not appear at all for a day. I have researched the Communities and although some people have had the problem on their iPhone, I could not find a solution. Any help will be appreciated. Apple Watch OS is 6.1 and iPhone iOS is 13.1.3

Apple Watch Series 2, watchOS 6

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 4:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 4:54 PM

I was finally able to talk to Apple Support over the phone. They were very helpful and took care of the problem in a couple of minutes. Just open the iTunes App on your iPhone. If you are logged in, then log out and log in again (that's what I did). If you are not logged in, simply log in with your Apple username and password. I have not seen the ****** screen since yesterday morning, so more than 24 hours. I believe the problem is solved. Hope this helps the Community.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2019 4:54 PM in response to mancinrob22

I was finally able to talk to Apple Support over the phone. They were very helpful and took care of the problem in a couple of minutes. Just open the iTunes App on your iPhone. If you are logged in, then log out and log in again (that's what I did). If you are not logged in, simply log in with your Apple username and password. I have not seen the ****** screen since yesterday morning, so more than 24 hours. I believe the problem is solved. Hope this helps the Community.

Dec 5, 2019 7:48 AM in response to mancinrob22

Since we have received no answer from Apple or the Community, I tried to "unpair" the watch and pair it back as a new Apple Watch, thereby not using the previous preferences and set ups. As I was finishing minor system requirements or options on my iPhone (using the Watch App), the same message appeared on the Watch..., so setting up the watch as a new watch does not work. I will try to get a Genius bar appointment, although it seems very difficult because in order to get one you have to answer a bunch of questions which are not related to the issue at hand and I always get sent back to the Communities...

itunes store unable to process purchases at this time. please try again later

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.