Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Unable to Purchase App" Error Message

Just obtained the new Iphone 12 Pro Max; synched my Iwatch to it (which is also a newer 6 model); I now continually receive the "unable to purchase...." error message. In reading "fixes" it states it occurs when there are apps linked to an old Apple ID; but I have only ever had one ID since I have started with Apple products many years ago.

Any other resolution solutions/recommendations?

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:17 AM

It could be a family member or a friend installing something with their apple id;

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch”

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your Apple ID used currently.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 11:17 AM in response to angemd

It could be a family member or a friend installing something with their apple id;

Open your Apple Watch app on your phone and go to “My Watch”

Go to Settings/General & turn off Automatic App Install.

Now go back to “My Watch” and scroll to the bottom to see “Available Apps”.

Any apps you see that are trying to install are the culprits causing the notifications!

Delete those apps from your phone, and if necessary reinstall them with your Apple ID used currently.

Turn Automatic App Install back on if necessary.

"Unable to Purchase App" Error Message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.