Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop the "Your iCloud Music Library session has expired?" popup?

Literally every single time I open iTunes this dialogue comes up.

First off...what are the benefits of signing in? Usually I open iTunes on my computer to listen to podcasts, and it seems like no matter whether or not I sign in...that experience is the same. I never want to sign in.

Now I wouldn't care so much about this, but not only does this thing come up once, but if I exit out of it...it will pop up AGAIN a few seconds later. So every single time I open iTunes this **** thing comes up and I have to exit it twice. I'm held hostage by this **** thing cause I don't dare try to do anything in those few seconds cause I know I'll just be interrupted by the second popup anyways, so I have to sit and wait for it.

Now...if I go the other route, and actually put my password in, it will not pop up again...however the effort of putting in the password is arguebly the same as exiting out of the 2 popups. Plus...it does not keep me signed in if I exit iTunes. It does not save the sign-in between instances...as soon as I exit out, even if I launch iTunes like 2 seconds later...BAM...popup is back asking for the password AGAIN. Makes it VERY annoying if I ever exit iTunes by accident.

Can someone help me with this? Why is this happening? Is there a way to log in for an extended period or just suppress this popup? I don't really care about signing in to begin with.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 6:27 PM

Whelp...found the answer to my own problem. Googled it and found another thread. The solution was:

"I fixed my problem by signing out of iTunes, closing iTunes, opening iTunes, and then logging back in."

Similar questions

1 reply

How to stop the "Your iCloud Music Library session has expired?" popup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.