Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 pro max camera clicking, shaking

I recently bought the 11 pro max a few days ago and already ran into a camera issue..

I launched the camera app and noticed that the app was very slow, and laggy. Also it wouldn’t focus. I then noticed that I could hear an audible “click” coming from the phone. I turned the phone around and noticed one of the cameras were moving on it’s own! The lens was moving “click” from one edge of its OIS movement range to the other, in a triangle shape. It was clicking hard enough that I could feel it shake the phone.

I was quite nervous out it so I restarted the app and my phone, also did the most recent iOS update as well.

I did some research and found that it was similar to the iPhone 6s OIS issue, except not as extreme or as violent. My lens would click or move every half second or so..

This issue I had only happened the one time and hasn’t returned. Everything seems to be working normally.

has anyone had this issue with their phones? Is it something I should be worried about or further pursue? Or just leave it as a once off weird occasion?

Thanks.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2019 10:27 PM

You have a one year warranty against manufacturing defects, unless you paid for AppleCare+ -which extends it to two years.

If you feel it is ok, don’t worry about it.

If you feel it is going to be an issue, take it into Apple to have it checked.

Similar questions

2 replies

iphone 11 pro max camera clicking, shaking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.