Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max making clicking sound and image is shaking (as if trying to focus)

Similar to this question, I too am having issues with the camera on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. As of today, the camera started to start clicking (seemingly hardware clicking, not software clicking) and the image (not the captured picture but the viewfinder image) keeps shaking, as if trying to focus.

It only appears to happen when I focus on certain things. At my desk, it does not happen when pointing at my keyboard. When pointing the camera at a fruit bowl a meter away, it starts to happen. To make it stop, I shut the camera app.

It happens regardless of which of the three lenses selected or whatever recording mode is selected.

Anyone had this issue? It's a hassle for me to get to an Apple Store to go to the Genius Bar. Would prefer a home fix.

Running latest iOS version, 13.3.1.

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 13

Posted on Feb 26, 2020 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 27, 2020 3:44 PM

Hello,

Start here:

Get help with the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If no help, you'll have to have it checked:

Find Locations

Good luck.

1 reply

iPhone 11 Pro Max making clicking sound and image is shaking (as if trying to focus)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.