Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Screen Issues

I have a 12" MacBook. A few weeks ago the screen would have lines on it and show shadows of screens when moving or closing windows. I would have to open the top of MacBook screen all the way fully open and it went back to normal. Lately, it does it all the time - even opening the screen fully. It constantly has lines, and shows shadows across all of the screen. Any help would be appreciated.

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 8:30 PM

Based on your description of the problem, it may be possible that the display cable between the notebook's logic board and its display is wearing out. I would suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 1, 2019 8:30 PM in response to WapakontaLittle

Based on your description of the problem, it may be possible that the display cable between the notebook's logic board and its display is wearing out. I would suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look and provide you with your options.

MacBook Screen Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.