Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 11 Pro Max internet dropping out when using apps

Hi, my new iPhone 11 Pro Max keeps losing internet connection when I use apps. Such as when I try to send a message on Facebook, send a photo from Photos to email or download content from an app.

I've tried turning it off and on, reseting the internet and putting my password in again and reseting the lease. None of these worked. I also have an iPad and a Mac and they works fine, so it's not my internet. If it helps to know my phone has data but it is turned off as I'm using my home wifi when this happens. I did try turning on data but it didn't help. I have the update 13.2.3.

Any advice here would be great.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 2:28 PM

Hi coffee-bean-7,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! If I'm understanding correctly, your iPhone 11 Pro Max is not providing an internet connection when using your home Wi-Fi, and I'd like to help out.

You mentioned resetting the internet, did you mean resetting network settings on your iPhone? Here are the steps to verify that reset was done:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

After that reset, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network, and test to see if you can use the internet.

If not able to, are you able to connect to a different Wi-Fi network and use the internet? Try to avoid using a captive Wi-Fi network, where you sign in on a web page, such as in a hotel, school, airport or coffee shop.

If you can successfully use the internet with a different Wi-Fi network, you'll want to see if there is a firmware update for your Wi-Fi router. Check with your router manufacturer, if you're not sure how to check for that. Especially if your iPad is not also on iOS 13.2.3.

More info can be found here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If you're not able to connect and use the internet with any Wi-Fi network, you should have your iPhone examined by a technician.

iPhone Repair and Service

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 4, 2019 2:28 PM in response to coffee-bean-7

Hi coffee-bean-7,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! If I'm understanding correctly, your iPhone 11 Pro Max is not providing an internet connection when using your home Wi-Fi, and I'd like to help out.

You mentioned resetting the internet, did you mean resetting network settings on your iPhone? Here are the steps to verify that reset was done:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

After that reset, reconnect to your Wi-Fi network, and test to see if you can use the internet.

If not able to, are you able to connect to a different Wi-Fi network and use the internet? Try to avoid using a captive Wi-Fi network, where you sign in on a web page, such as in a hotel, school, airport or coffee shop.

If you can successfully use the internet with a different Wi-Fi network, you'll want to see if there is a firmware update for your Wi-Fi router. Check with your router manufacturer, if you're not sure how to check for that. Especially if your iPad is not also on iOS 13.2.3.

More info can be found here: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

If you're not able to connect and use the internet with any Wi-Fi network, you should have your iPhone examined by a technician.

iPhone Repair and Service

Take care!

iPhone 11 Pro Max internet dropping out when using apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.