Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Apple TV app

Remote Apple TV app

Is there a short cut to turn OFF the remote app?

very frustrating to have to key in so many things.

Is there a user guide?

thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Dec 1, 2019 11:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 1:34 PM

Thanks for the clarification. I get it now.

• To put the Apple TV (4th generation or later) in sleep mode, press and hold the TV/Home button, for 2–3 seconds until the options come on screen, then confirm the Sleep by clicking that.
  • To put the Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) in sleep mode, press and hold Play/Pause.

Put your Apple TV to sleep - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2019 1:34 PM in response to Redwood222

Thanks for the clarification. I get it now.

• To put the Apple TV (4th generation or later) in sleep mode, press and hold the TV/Home button, for 2–3 seconds until the options come on screen, then confirm the Sleep by clicking that.
  • To put the Apple TV (3rd generation or earlier) in sleep mode, press and hold Play/Pause.

Put your Apple TV to sleep - Apple Support

Dec 2, 2019 3:20 AM in response to Redwood222

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Is this Apple TV Remote app on the iPhone 6, iOS 12, as mentioned in your sig?

Is there a short cut to turn OFF the remote app?

- You can close that app and not use it.

- You can turn off Keyboard Input notifications, if they bother you.

Very frustrating to have to key in so many things.

Many things? Like what?

It should be easy peasy after setup. Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

I find the on-screen keyboard very beneficial for entering text in search forms and other text input request. Enter text on your Apple TV - Apple Support

Dec 2, 2019 1:21 PM in response to Urquhart1244

The Apple TV hardware is on.

The Apple remote is open and on to control the applet tv.

Is there a shortcut to turn the Apple TV hardware off?

The default is backing up several clicks to get to the tv general settings on the tv then scrolling down to the sleep button to turn it off, easily to overshoot this and scroll back. Is there a short cut to this from the Apple remote?

Dec 2, 2019 9:02 PM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for the information.

This works for the hardware remote that came with the Apple TV. It took me a long time to discover thise hidden shortcuts without documentation, a few years ago.

I don’t have that remote. I use the apple app (application) that is called apple’s remote from the App Store. I tried these options years ago on the remote app but they don’t apply.

I got so tired of the many clicks to turn off the app that I asked this question.

Remote Apple TV app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.