Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 13.2.3 changing region by itself

This is strange and it is the third time is has happened. My iPhone 7 with iOS 13.2.3 is changing the Region setting (Setttings=>General=>Language and Region) from Italy (were I live) to United States. It is doing so autonomously and from one minute to the next. I haven't it yet correlated to any event (such as plugin the phone in with CarPlay or installing updates or anything else). It just happens and it has happened, for now, only in the morning.

Every time it does so it changes my settings (date, units of measures) and activates the app Apple News which doesn't even work in Europe.

Kindly help.

Alessandro

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 3:07 AM

82 replies

Dec 3, 2019 3:31 AM in response to al_fa

That page does contain a field for “country/region”?

”The country you selected for your account. It determines some available services and payment methods.”

I’m not sure if that has any effect on your phone region setting, as I mentioned, but it might be worth checking it’s set to Italy if you haven’t already. My guess is it’s the Apple store region.

Dec 7, 2019 11:06 AM in response to al_fa

Hi guys!

Just had the same situation today with my iPhone 7.

I live in Poland and settings had switched to US region and english language. News app also came onto the main screen.

I have the freshest system.

What I obseved - I was low on battery ~8-10% and was plugged to CarPlay using Maps and Apple Music.

It was the first time it happend. I use this phone for 3 years now.

Hoping for some ideas or answers.

Thanks!

Dec 10, 2019 7:07 AM in response to al_fa

Putting things together, I guess it depends upon the usb connection to the car in combination with "car mode".

I do not have a CarPlay audio system in my car, but I connect the phone only via bluetooth. The only time the problem occurred to me I had connected the phone (while paired to the car via bluetooth, providing music and directions) to an USB port only for charging purposes.

One of the most annoying things is that there is no way to remove apple cash, which appears while the zone is set to US.

Dec 21, 2019 2:24 AM in response to Father Time

It happened to me (Italy, iPhone 7) with iOS 13.3, After using CarPlay: It changed region to US and language to english.

I am not sure the problem is CarPlay because when i had iOS 13.2 it happened once that my keyboard switched to english, and i didn’t have carplay active in that moment.

I hope Apple will take charge of this very annoying problem, i begin to lose my trust in Apple.

iOS 13.2.3 changing region by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.