Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot save files to finder

When I try to save files to finder I get an error message... The file "...." could not be opened.. consequently the file is not saved.. frustrated

This happened after I upgraded to Catalina..

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 1:36 PM

You might try relaunching the Finder. Right-click on the Finder icon in the Dock and select "Relaunch." If that fixes it, then this is related to an ongoing issue with the Finder. If not, then you might try restarting (definitely not the thing you want to do if you can't save your work, I know, but that's been reported to help with some issues).

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2019 1:36 PM in response to robroy9570

You might try relaunching the Finder. Right-click on the Finder icon in the Dock and select "Relaunch." If that fixes it, then this is related to an ongoing issue with the Finder. If not, then you might try restarting (definitely not the thing you want to do if you can't save your work, I know, but that's been reported to help with some issues).

cannot save files to finder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.