Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync iCloud documents, new iMac

hi! I bought a new imac, signed in to my iCloud, where I store documents that are synced on my other mac's. I want to sync documents on my new iMac too. iCloud settings seem to be alright, everything is ticked, but I don't see files that I see on my other Macs. How can I get iMac sync?

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 2, 2019 11:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 4:07 PM

Hi there, Tu!

Congratulations on your new iMac! I understand that you're looking for some documents from iCloud on the new computer but are unable to locate them. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described I would recommend making sure that iCloud Drive is set up: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support, and using the information in iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support to try locating your files.

Have a wonderful day.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 4:07 PM in response to tufromny

Hi there, Tu!

Congratulations on your new iMac! I understand that you're looking for some documents from iCloud on the new computer but are unable to locate them. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've described I would recommend making sure that iCloud Drive is set up: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support, and using the information in iCloud Drive FAQ - Apple Support to try locating your files.

Have a wonderful day.

Sync iCloud documents, new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.