Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud documents and desktop

Hello,

on my iMac I have enabled iCloud documents and desktop syncing.

If I initialize a new Mac with the same iCloud ID, are documents and desktop from the first Mac downloaded from iCloud?

Or what will it happen?

Please clarify,

Thanks,

Dan

Posted on Nov 11, 2021 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2021 11:58 AM

Hello pinocativo,

We see that you're looking for some clarification about syncing Desktop and Documents to iCloud Drive. We'd be happy to help!

When enabling that feature, it will not automatically download those files to any new Macs, but will make them visible on all your devices. This article can provide some additional information about that feature and how it works: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2021 11:58 AM in response to pinocativo

Hello pinocativo,

We see that you're looking for some clarification about syncing Desktop and Documents to iCloud Drive. We'd be happy to help!

When enabling that feature, it will not automatically download those files to any new Macs, but will make them visible on all your devices. This article can provide some additional information about that feature and how it works: Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive

Take care!

iCloud documents and desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.