Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail blank signature dialogue box, no options to change apple mail signatures

My Apple Mail app (even after updating) is still causing me a bug, whereby when I want to add or change a signature, the dialogue screen that pops up is just completely blank, with no txt, or buttons, or anything.

I can only close the dialogue by using the MacOS red close windo button in the top-left hand side. The dialogue is compeltely empty.

No matter how the signatures are accessed, either through Mail preferences, MacOs preferences or by clicking on 'Edit Signatures' in a new email message, the same blank window appears.

Please help!

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:21 AM

Hi Sam,

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents.

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 8:21 AM in response to SamPhillippe

Hi Sam,

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents.

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly.

Apple Mail blank signature dialogue box, no options to change apple mail signatures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.