Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail signatures not appearing in dropdown in account but appearing in other accounts

After migration my main email account is not showing signatures in the drop down. The exact same signature works in any other of the accounts and shows up just fine.

It is only this one account. The signatures all work in any other account.

I am working on a MacBook Pro M1 (16-inch 2021), using macOS Monterey Version 12.4 and running Safari Version 15.5.

I have tried the obvious:

• Removed the signatures, closed Preferences and then added them back.
  • Removed the signatures, restarted Safari and added them back.
  • Deleted the signature and created a new one with a different name using plain text. Again it will show up in other accounts but not this one.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2022 11:31 PM

Fixed. It was iCloud email causing the issue.

The issue was entirely resolved after I turned off iCloud email – which I do not use.

After my initial post, I also noticed that drafts for my primary email box were saving into All Drafts > iCloud. I had also had an issue with my primary email account continually attempting to use the iCloud SMPT to send emails, even though it was not set as the SMPT for my POP account.

Simply disabling iCloud Mail fixed all issues.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2022 11:31 PM in response to gregorfrommontmorency

Fixed. It was iCloud email causing the issue.

The issue was entirely resolved after I turned off iCloud email – which I do not use.

After my initial post, I also noticed that drafts for my primary email box were saving into All Drafts > iCloud. I had also had an issue with my primary email account continually attempting to use the iCloud SMPT to send emails, even though it was not set as the SMPT for my POP account.

Simply disabling iCloud Mail fixed all issues.

Mail signatures not appearing in dropdown in account but appearing in other accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.