Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicklook with Office 365 on Mac

When I launch preview and try to do a quicklook at a document, all I get is that it is a word document, and cannot see the actual file contents. This worked fine on my old macbook with Office 2011. New macbook pro, Catalina and O365 - no preview. Is there a fix? A setting? TIA

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 5:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2020 11:39 AM

I found a workaround fixed this issue in my Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

1. Open the folder with system Quick Look generators - "/System/Library/QuickLook".
  2. Copy "Office.qlgenerator" to "/Library/QuickLook" (this is folder for third-party generators).
  3. Rename "Office.qlgenerator" to any unique name - for example, "MSOffice.qlgenerator".
  4. Restart Quick Look daemon with terminal command "qlmanage -r".

This worked for me - the Quick Look now correctly generates previews for any kind of MS Office files. Now I'm happy! ))

Best,

Alex.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2020 11:39 AM in response to lisafromwalpole

I found a workaround fixed this issue in my Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15.3.

1. Open the folder with system Quick Look generators - "/System/Library/QuickLook".
  2. Copy "Office.qlgenerator" to "/Library/QuickLook" (this is folder for third-party generators).
  3. Rename "Office.qlgenerator" to any unique name - for example, "MSOffice.qlgenerator".
  4. Restart Quick Look daemon with terminal command "qlmanage -r".

This worked for me - the Quick Look now correctly generates previews for any kind of MS Office files. Now I'm happy! ))

Best,

Alex.

Quicklook with Office 365 on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.