Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Chamberlain MyQ App on Apple Watch 3

Have used an Apple Watch 3 for at least two years with the MyQ (garage opener) app. A recent app update has stopped the watch from working with the app. (The app works fine on my iPhone 6 that the watch is paired with.)

I also use the MyQ app with an Apple Watch 4 paired with an iphone 7plus with no issues at all.

I have followed all steps to resolve app issues, btw, including step 5 which is to contact the app developer, Chamberlain Support. Their support only prompts them to send me to Apple Support so, now I ask the Apple Community... Anyone in a similar predicament? Thank you.

Apple Watch

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 4:44 AM

Yes, seems that with OS updates being what they are, for the Watch 3 to Work with the MyQ app, the iPhone now has to have OS 13 on it and the iPhone 6 cannot go past 12.4.3 soooooooo, planned obsolescence it is, have to have an iPhone 6s minimum for it to work on the watch even though it works fine on the iPhone 6. Well, at least that is what needs to happen for my scenario. Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 4:44 AM in response to GBS2011

Yes, seems that with OS updates being what they are, for the Watch 3 to Work with the MyQ app, the iPhone now has to have OS 13 on it and the iPhone 6 cannot go past 12.4.3 soooooooo, planned obsolescence it is, have to have an iPhone 6s minimum for it to work on the watch even though it works fine on the iPhone 6. Well, at least that is what needs to happen for my scenario. Good luck.

Chamberlain MyQ App on Apple Watch 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.