Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad Pro 12.9” Video Import Error - Canon EOS R - 4K Formats - Editing (ALL-I) vs Standard (IPB)

Hi team,

Ive recently been trying to import video footage from my Canon EOS R / SD card onto iPad Pro via USBC hub.

When connecting the SD card to the hub, and opening the Photos app on ipad to import the video footage, it shows a red exclamation mark symbol in the bottom right of the file.

Doing some research and testing, I’ve concluded that from the EOS R there are many resolutions to record video in, format compression is: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264

These resolutions did not work to import and play with IPad Pro 12.9” (Software 13.2.3):

4K 30p - Editing (ALL-I) 480Mbps

4K 24p - Editing (ALL-I) 480Mbps

These formats are OK and compatible with iPad Pro 12.9” (Software 13.2.3):

4K 30p - Standard (IPB) 120Mbps

4K 24p - Standard (IPB) 120Mbps

FHD 1080 60p - Editing (ALL-I) 180Mbps

FHD 1080 60p - Standard (IPB) 60 Mbps

FHD 1080 30p - Editing (ALL-I) 90Mbps

FHD 1080 30p - Standard (IPB) 30 Mbps

FHD 1080 24p - Editing (ALL-I) 90Mbps

FHD 1080 24p - Standard (IPB) 30 Mbps

I tested all of these formats with C-LOG 8-bit on and off and had the same results.

My question to Apple now is, can you confirm that iPad Pro 12.9” with software 13.2.3 does NOT support 4K 30p and 4k 24p with 480Mbps size footage?

Thankyou. Don

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 8:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 9:16 PM

OK Update!

I had a talk with a tech on the phone and they confirmed that although i may be able to import the 480Mbps videos through Files app on the ipad, the playback is still laggy and also does not import natively through the photos import app, the 480Mbps files are too big to process on the iPad Pro 12.9” which is good to have some clarification.

For any other Canon EOS R users out there, If you’re editing video purely on iPad Pro then do not use the 4K Editing (ALL-I) Resolutions, use the resolutions in the list above and you’ll be all ok. Again, C-LOG is also ok to record On or off!

Regards

Don

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 3, 2019 9:16 PM in response to Donfeao

OK Update!

I had a talk with a tech on the phone and they confirmed that although i may be able to import the 480Mbps videos through Files app on the ipad, the playback is still laggy and also does not import natively through the photos import app, the 480Mbps files are too big to process on the iPad Pro 12.9” which is good to have some clarification.

For any other Canon EOS R users out there, If you’re editing video purely on iPad Pro then do not use the 4K Editing (ALL-I) Resolutions, use the resolutions in the list above and you’ll be all ok. Again, C-LOG is also ok to record On or off!

Regards

Don

IPad Pro 12.9” Video Import Error - Canon EOS R - 4K Formats - Editing (ALL-I) vs Standard (IPB)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.