Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Editing Videos In Photos App Runs In macOS Catalina

Hello everybody!

As far as I know Photos app in iOS and macOS is able now to edit not photos only but videos too and I have tried this in my iPhone which runs iOS 13. However, In my MacBook Pro which runs Catalina, I am not able to edit videos like I edit photos! Is this feature available only for iOS 13?

I hope it is a problem only because this is one of my favorite features in Photos app in iOS 13. It is really a shame if it is not available in Catalina!!

What is your experience with this?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 11:26 AM

The only editing possible with Photos on macOS is trimming. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple but with iMovie available I'm not sure there will be any movement on that.

6 replies

Jan 16, 2020 2:04 AM in response to Dan Jones

I hope, that these editing features will come to the Mac as well, sooner or later. In the recent years the Photos.app on the Mac has always been a bit behind the editing on the iPhone and iPad, but the next MacOS X brought finally the ability to apply Live Photo effect, edit portrait mode pictures and similar. Otherwise we would not have a lossless editing across several devices with iCloud Photos.

I am rotating the videos on my iPhone or iPad for the time being, also correcting the perspective directly on the iPhone and the changes will sync to my Mac with iCloud.

Editing Videos In Photos App Runs In macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.