Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to complete purchase

3-4 times every day for weeks now I keep getting an unable to complete purchase on the iTunes store on my iwatch series 2 when I’m not trying to purchase anything. Does anyone have the same problem or have a fix? It

started after an update.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 6

Posted on Dec 4, 2019 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 10:18 AM

Hello browneyes2009, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I see from the screenshot that you're getting an error from the iTunes Store, and this is occurring when you're not making purchases. 

First, check to see if there are any updates for apps. If you have Automatic Updates or Automatic Downloads turned on, your Apple Watch will try to connect to the iTunes Store. You can check the settings by going to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone > My Watch > App Store. 

Next, restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch with the following sequence:

1 - Power off Apple Watch

2 - Power off iPhone 

3 - Power on iPhone 

4 - Power on Apple Watch

Be sure you've waited for each step to complete before proceeding to the next one. If you haven’t restarted the devices before, here’s how:

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

Once you’ve restarted both, see if there is any change. If there is not, check to see that both your Apple Watch and your iPhone are running the latest updates to their operating systems. You can do so with these steps:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this is helpful. 

Cheers!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2019 10:18 AM in response to browneyes2009

Hello browneyes2009, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! I see from the screenshot that you're getting an error from the iTunes Store, and this is occurring when you're not making purchases. 

First, check to see if there are any updates for apps. If you have Automatic Updates or Automatic Downloads turned on, your Apple Watch will try to connect to the iTunes Store. You can check the settings by going to the Apple Watch app on your iPhone > My Watch > App Store. 

Next, restart both your iPhone and Apple Watch with the following sequence:

1 - Power off Apple Watch

2 - Power off iPhone 

3 - Power on iPhone 

4 - Power on Apple Watch

Be sure you've waited for each step to complete before proceeding to the next one. If you haven’t restarted the devices before, here’s how:

How to restart your Apple Watch

Restart your iPhone

Once you’ve restarted both, see if there is any change. If there is not, check to see that both your Apple Watch and your iPhone are running the latest updates to their operating systems. You can do so with these steps:

Update your Apple Watch

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

I hope this is helpful. 

Cheers!

Unable to complete purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.