Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free apple TV for one year

Hi All,

I just upgraded my phone and obtained a new iPhone 11. I received an email stating I can get apple TV free for one year and $4.99 there after.

If its free for one year, why am I obligated to enter in my credit card. I purposely removed my card from my account profile over a year ago due to charges on my card I was not aware I had authorized (with use of my apple phone and my daughters phone).

So if it's free for the first year. Should I not be permitted to watch it then when my time is up be required to add my card then??

Is there a way around this policy. If not it's not a big deal as I am an avid Netflix and Amazon prime customer and have no intentions on ever doing away with those subscriptions.

I have NEVER used apple tv and I would not miss it. But just wanted to know if it were possible to proceed and try it out?

Thanks,

A :)

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 5:02 PM

Thanks, I understand that.

I think the jest of the inquiry was to see if there was a way around it.

If a payment is requires before the subscription timeline, in my opinion it is misleading.

But It's not an issue at this point as the program I wanted to see (which was only 1 show) is on Amazon prime so I do not need to move forward with Apple TV anyway.

Thanks for jumping in and responding :)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2019 5:02 PM in response to vazandrew

Thanks, I understand that.

I think the jest of the inquiry was to see if there was a way around it.

If a payment is requires before the subscription timeline, in my opinion it is misleading.

But It's not an issue at this point as the program I wanted to see (which was only 1 show) is on Amazon prime so I do not need to move forward with Apple TV anyway.

Thanks for jumping in and responding :)

Dec 5, 2019 4:00 PM in response to Heavenwon

When you are signing up and claiming the offer you are starting a subscription, with it automatically starting the billing cycle once that is up. Thus it needs a valid payment method in order to initiate. Most services do work that way.

If there were unauthorized charges in the past then I can assure you that is not a normal occurrence and security is taken very seriously.

Dec 5, 2019 5:36 PM in response to Heavenwon

As I said most services work like that, and it isn’t misleading as it isn’t a free service but rather a trial with the purpose being to continue with the paid service thereafter. No payment will be incurred until after the trial is over and one can cancel at any time. There would be no way around that and as far as security there are much more risks associated elsewhere.

All content on Apple TV + are originals, and would not be available outside of their service, just the same as originals on those other services.

Dec 5, 2019 7:15 PM in response to vazandrew

Sigh, I said what I said. I was inquiry about a work around. As there is NONE. I am good now.

Please do not take it upon your self to respond as you seem to have a great deal of time on your hands. I do not. A question was asked a response given. I was satisfied with the answer although it did not address my (work around question).

This issue is resolved. I have no use for Apple TV and my show that I wanted to watch is on Amazon as stated in what I thought would be my closing remark.

Peace and blessings!

Free apple TV for one year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.