Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

emails in the Apple Mail program

Suddenly (if never happened before) when I attempt to move a "sent" email to a folder under Personal Folders (I have quite a few of them) it disappears and cannot be found in the folder to which it was dragged, nor can I go back to the "sent" folder to find it there. I have to go to the "Archive" folder to find it and drag it into the intended folder. Is this a problem with the upgrade to Catalina 10.15.1 in the mail program and how can it be fixed?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 6:49 PM

Changing your email client doesn't require you to change your email address. They are only related in the fact that you use one to view the other.

I've been using Spark with Gmail, but I hardly use Gmail for anything. I have a Gmail account that I use to sign up for lists. All the spam goes to the Gmail account which I rarely check. For the little I've used it, Spark appears capable. I don't even know if it was designed to play nicely with Gmail, though.

The most compatible client for Gmail is to use their web app in your browser.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2019 6:49 PM in response to doninwash

Changing your email client doesn't require you to change your email address. They are only related in the fact that you use one to view the other.

I've been using Spark with Gmail, but I hardly use Gmail for anything. I have a Gmail account that I use to sign up for lists. All the spam goes to the Gmail account which I rarely check. For the little I've used it, Spark appears capable. I don't even know if it was designed to play nicely with Gmail, though.

The most compatible client for Gmail is to use their web app in your browser.

emails in the Apple Mail program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.