Coming soon: Apple Event on 9/9 at 10 a.m. PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unresponsive/Ghost Touch Screen in Cold Weather (iPhone 11 Pro)

Is there a fix for the iPhone 11 Pro where the screen becomes unresponsive to touch or it starts to ghost touch in cold weather?

This has been happening in temperatures of only 7 degrees Celsius and the only fix is to reset the phone but it’s very temporary as the problems continuously occur if out in the cold.

The ghost touch is a real problem as it has actually ordered an Uber on its own on my phone and I could not cancel it in time since the touch was unresponsive.

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 4:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 7:21 PM

It definitely cannot be normal behaviour. I’m in New York, with hundreds of others who are possibly using an iPhone 11. I have two iPhones I carry with me, one for personal and one for business and my iPhone 6s does not do the same.

But I will take it in for a hardware test.

Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 5, 2019 7:21 PM in response to Lyssa

It definitely cannot be normal behaviour. I’m in New York, with hundreds of others who are possibly using an iPhone 11. I have two iPhones I carry with me, one for personal and one for business and my iPhone 6s does not do the same.

But I will take it in for a hardware test.

Thank you.

Dec 5, 2019 7:09 PM in response to daniiiel

That's within the guidelines for operating temperature here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201678

I would make an appointment at an Apple store and have a hardware test done, just in case something is wrong.

It is likely that's normal behavior, though. Touchscreens and cold just don't mix well.

A different style of case might help, but no guarantees.

~Lyssa

Unresponsive/Ghost Touch Screen in Cold Weather (iPhone 11 Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.