Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

music search broken

the search function in music (running on mac mini in OS 10.15.1) does not work.

it does not work.

i have roughly 11,000 "songs" (the illiterate apple term for a "track") as desktop files accessed by Music. i cannot do a global search of these "songs" with the current Music search.

let's search for "Firesign Theater", for example.

i have 17 "songs" (the illiterate apple term for a "track") by Firesign Theater in my Music. search returns only seven. why these seven, and not the other 10? who knows.

i have 5 albums by FS in my Music. search returns only one. why that one, and not the other four? who knows.

i liked the search in iTunes. put in a search word or phrase, and *every single one* of the titles, artists, albums would show up.

but that's been broken.

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 6, 2019 8:12 PM in response to turingtest2

you're right! who knew that "show filter field" (?) in the "view" menu (?) was the illiterate apple term for "fix my search results"?

steve jobs wouldn't have tolerated that. it would be another shouting twit -- and he'd be right.

speaking of steve, i worked with a programmer once whose bug fixes were also not "sticky".

so i feel genuinely nostalgic to have to "show filter field" every time i want to get actual search results. like having to show the bartender your driver's license every single time you order a drink.

naw ... worse.

he's an uber driver now, that programmer. in case you wondered.

music search broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.