Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone no longer letting my play music saved as Work > Movement

I'm not entirely sure when this started, but using iOs 13.2.3 on my iPhone Xr, music that has been saved in iTunes (12.8.2.3) on my Early 2009 Mac Pro (OSX 10.11.16) as Work > Movement will no longer play on my iPhone—

• If I try to just play a whole songlist, play skips to the first track that isn't stored as "Work > Movement";
  • if I click directly on a movement, I get the error message "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

This despite the fact that I actually added this music to iTunes directly from CDs I own.

Is this a known bug? Is somebody at Apple working to fix it?

Thanks!

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:11 AM

By golly, the brilliant and committed tech support people I "chatted" with for over an hour last night finally came up with the solution to the problem:

Back up everything on the iPhone to my computer, restore the iOS software on the Phone, then restore my content from the latest backup! Hooray!

I honestly did not expect that to work, but it did!

NOTE: It took two support people—a first-level tech who after much research and effort connected me with an equally amazing second-level tech—were remarkably knowledgeable, engaged, and friendly. Much as I love Apple, I must admit that I was not expecting support of such amazingly high quality. Much thanks to them … and thanks to Apple for employing them and allowing them to take the time to do an magnificent job.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2019 7:11 AM in response to fredfromminneapolis

By golly, the brilliant and committed tech support people I "chatted" with for over an hour last night finally came up with the solution to the problem:

Back up everything on the iPhone to my computer, restore the iOS software on the Phone, then restore my content from the latest backup! Hooray!

I honestly did not expect that to work, but it did!

NOTE: It took two support people—a first-level tech who after much research and effort connected me with an equally amazing second-level tech—were remarkably knowledgeable, engaged, and friendly. Much as I love Apple, I must admit that I was not expecting support of such amazingly high quality. Much thanks to them … and thanks to Apple for employing them and allowing them to take the time to do an magnificent job.

iPhone no longer letting my play music saved as Work > Movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.