Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Some Music added on my Mac is not available on my iPhone

Yesterday I ripped a CD on my Mac and had it added to my Library. Because it is not (for free) on Apple Music the songs are uploaded to my Music Cloud. All songs have the status Uploaded.

But when I go to Apple Music on my iPhone only 8 of the 31 songs are available there. The rest is grayed out. When I click on a gray song it tells me the track is not available in my country or regio. Why? What's wrong?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Jun 15, 2023 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 16, 2023 10:16 PM

I finally fixed it to go to Apple Music on my Mac and only deleted the first track of the album. I had to rip it again cause it also got deleted from my drive. After that there was another problem. Genius wanted to send information to Apple and that took ages. So I finally killed that process and after that I forced the Library to refresh it contents. When that was done my iPhone not only showed the first song but also all the grayed out last songs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 16, 2023 10:16 PM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

I finally fixed it to go to Apple Music on my Mac and only deleted the first track of the album. I had to rip it again cause it also got deleted from my drive. After that there was another problem. Genius wanted to send information to Apple and that took ages. So I finally killed that process and after that I forced the Library to refresh it contents. When that was done my iPhone not only showed the first song but also all the grayed out last songs.

Some Music added on my Mac is not available on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.