Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download a track from iCloud Music Library

When i try to download song i get this message. A lot of my music cant be heared or downloaded now. Is it lost?? I've payed for iCloud Music Library and for Apple Music.

MacBook Air 11", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 12:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2019 5:10 AM

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you remove a local download of a track while its status is Waiting then you'll never be able to play that item because it hasn't been matched or uploaded. In addition Apple Music items can sometimes be withdrawn from the catalogue by the rights holders, which means they will no longer be available to you to play. It is always best to keep local copies and backups of your own media even when using Apple Music or iTunes Match.

tt2

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2019 5:10 AM in response to romarozhkov

See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support. If you remove a local download of a track while its status is Waiting then you'll never be able to play that item because it hasn't been matched or uploaded. In addition Apple Music items can sometimes be withdrawn from the catalogue by the rights holders, which means they will no longer be available to you to play. It is always best to keep local copies and backups of your own media even when using Apple Music or iTunes Match.

tt2

Dec 20, 2019 3:40 AM in response to romarozhkov

Some of your files might be too large, although those should show with an error rather than as blank. See Identify cloud status icons in your music library on your Mac or PC - Apple Support for details. Right-click a track that hasn't matched or uploaded and see if you can Add to Library. If not a possible approach to force tracks to be reevaluated is to create a new library that shows all of the content in the cloud. Locate a problem item, right-click, remove from library, then go back to the original library where the status should have changed to Removed. You should then be able to right-click and Add to Library to add it back in and hopefully have it matched, uploaded, or at least some status message generated.

tt2

Can't download a track from iCloud Music Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.