Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased Music don’t download

Hey! I’m having troubles with a song I purchased some days ago and I could listen to until it disappeared from my music library. When I go to iTunes Store>Purchased>Music>All it appears with a cloud symbol in the right. I assume that symbol means “iCloud” so when I check my iCloud storage it isn’t full, nor my iPhone storage. I tried downloading the song with WiFi and data and it doesn’t work.

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2019 4:22 AM

it appears with a cloud symbol in the right. I assume that symbol means “iCloud” so when I check my iCloud storage it isn’t full, nor my iPhone storage.

The symbol signifies a track in the cloud that is available for download. The icon serves as a download button.

For purchased music tracks, your iCloud storage is not relevant for this. The file is in Apple’s iTunes Store cloud space, and optionally on your device, not your personal iCloud storage.

There are several other icons in use that also feature a cloud, say pay attention to details (e.g. the downward pointing arrow).

About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support

Symbols used in iTunes on Mac - Apple Support

Redownload music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2019 4:22 AM in response to Tsun_0980

it appears with a cloud symbol in the right. I assume that symbol means “iCloud” so when I check my iCloud storage it isn’t full, nor my iPhone storage.

The symbol signifies a track in the cloud that is available for download. The icon serves as a download button.

For purchased music tracks, your iCloud storage is not relevant for this. The file is in Apple’s iTunes Store cloud space, and optionally on your device, not your personal iCloud storage.

There are several other icons in use that also feature a cloud, say pay attention to details (e.g. the downward pointing arrow).

About iCloud Music Library icons and status - Apple Support

Symbols used in iTunes on Mac - Apple Support

Redownload music from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Purchased Music don’t download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.