I can't download purchased music. It shows up in my purchased music list with the little blue download cloud but won't download

I have purchase a song through Itunes store. It doesn't show up in my library. It is in my list of purchased songs. It won't download when I click the download cloud

Mac mini, macOS 10.14

Posted on Oct 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2024 5:47 PM

Exact same thing here. Just purchased an album, downloaded, but 4 of the songs won’t download. The rest downloaded just fine but the remaining ones from the album I “purchased’ won’t download. And internet has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH IT. I’m on the same system making this post, the same system that downloaded the rest of the songs just fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2024 5:47 PM in response to DHIG

Exact same thing here. Just purchased an album, downloaded, but 4 of the songs won’t download. The rest downloaded just fine but the remaining ones from the album I “purchased’ won’t download. And internet has NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH IT. I’m on the same system making this post, the same system that downloaded the rest of the songs just fine.

Oct 18, 2023 1:52 AM in response to DHIG

Please check the following Apple articles:

Check the status of your network on Mac

Check the status of your network on Mac - Apple Support

You need to have a good Service and/or Wi-Fi.

If they are On, turn Off Hotspot & VPN.

Charge the battery > 70%.

Turn Off VPN, see -> Change VPN settings on Mac

Change VPN settings on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Make sure you don't have a firewall enabled: Change Firewall settings on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi

If your Mac isn't connecting to the internet over Wi-Fi - Apple Support

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services - Apple Support

👉 If you tried all of the above steps and you still can’t connect, contact Apple Support.

I can't download purchased music. It shows up in my purchased music list with the little blue download cloud but won't download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.