Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Editing

For years I've used iPhoto to edit my pictires. The editing tools included a "shadows" command that allowed me to bring up detail in the shadows while not washing out the highlights.

I'm now using High Sierra, v10.13.6 with Photos v3.0. The shadows command is gone. Some of the other answers in this forum suggested that I should click on "Adjust", then click on the "add" button to the right of the word Adjust in the right column. However, I have no word "add" in that or any other location. How can I get the "Shadows" adjustment back?

Mac mini, macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 3:56 PM

Hello LonnieC,

I see that you're asking about an editing tool that you used with a previous version of software on your Mac. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

It seems as though the editing tool that you were previously using, is not available in the newer version of software. However, take a look at the article below that can help with editing photos on your Mac.

How to edit photos on your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 3:56 PM in response to LonnieC

Hello LonnieC,

I see that you're asking about an editing tool that you used with a previous version of software on your Mac. I'd be happy to provide you with some information that can help.

It seems as though the editing tool that you were previously using, is not available in the newer version of software. However, take a look at the article below that can help with editing photos on your Mac.

How to edit photos on your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Dec 10, 2019 4:35 PM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks very much. When I went to the site you recommended. the second picture shows what I was looking for. Basically, one can go from any photo to Edit>Light>options>shadows. And Shadows was the control I was looking for. The one tricky thing I had missed: when you get to Light, I had missed the tiny triangle below that word. Clocking on that opened the commands I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Photo Editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.