Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage and iCloud accounts don’t match

Tried updating my Memoji on iMessages and it says Sharing name and photo not available iCloud and iMessage accounts are different or not signed in. I am clearly signed into my iCloud account and I turned iMessage on and off using my phone to log back in and it still gives me the error message. Does anyone know how to fix/navigate through this? Thanks in advance!

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 12:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 6:55 PM

Hi jocebanu,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to turn on Share Photo and Name under Messages, and I'd like to help.

First, make sure your iOS is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. If it is already, try restarting your iPhone Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then try turning on the option again. If the issue remains the same, please check to see if you have multiple phone numbers associated with your Apple ID. You can check under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. If you do have multiple phone numbers associated, remove the unused number: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support, then try again.

If you need continued support after these steps, reach back out with an update on your issue.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 6:55 PM in response to jocebanu

Hi jocebanu,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand you are unable to turn on Share Photo and Name under Messages, and I'd like to help.

First, make sure your iOS is up to date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. If it is already, try restarting your iPhone Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support, then try turning on the option again. If the issue remains the same, please check to see if you have multiple phone numbers associated with your Apple ID. You can check under Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. If you do have multiple phone numbers associated, remove the unused number: Add or remove your phone number in Messages or FaceTime - Apple Support, then try again.

If you need continued support after these steps, reach back out with an update on your issue.

Regards.

iMessage and iCloud accounts don’t match

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.