Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage ICloud etc

I receive this message when I sign in on my iPhone to my Apple ID ::: messages in iCloud not available as iCloud and iMessage accounts do not match. Messages in iCloud is not available because iCloud and iMessage accounts are different. This keeps happening to me even after going through all the steps with Apple support via phone on several occasions and changing passwords, passcodes etc. how do I fix it once and for all? Thanks

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2020 5:20 PM

Hi Darren,

If you are certain that you are trying to sign in to iCloud and Messages with the SAME Apple ID and you are getting that error then I would recommend that you contact Apple Support. You already did that and it appears that Apple has not fixed the issue for you. I am afraid that if Apple has not been able to fix this then the folks here may have a difficult time with this as well.

Below is what I recommend and pardon me if you have already tried the solutions offered-

1. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name up top) ➔ Sign Out (at the very bottom
  2. Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive ➔ Tap on your Apple ID and Sign out. (You may not be signed in here and that is fine).
  3. Force ReStart Your iPhone exactly as shown in that link
  4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 however this time SIGN IN with your Apple ID and ensure that the Apple ID credentials used are the SAME for both (Messages and iCloud).
  5. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name up top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Messages Set it to ON.

If the above does NOT work then I recommend that you Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings and begin setting it up from scratch.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2020 5:20 PM in response to DarrenScottFord

Hi Darren,

If you are certain that you are trying to sign in to iCloud and Messages with the SAME Apple ID and you are getting that error then I would recommend that you contact Apple Support. You already did that and it appears that Apple has not fixed the issue for you. I am afraid that if Apple has not been able to fix this then the folks here may have a difficult time with this as well.

Below is what I recommend and pardon me if you have already tried the solutions offered-

1. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name up top) ➔ Sign Out (at the very bottom
  2. Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Send & Receive ➔ Tap on your Apple ID and Sign out. (You may not be signed in here and that is fine).
  3. Force ReStart Your iPhone exactly as shown in that link
  4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 however this time SIGN IN with your Apple ID and ensure that the Apple ID credentials used are the SAME for both (Messages and iCloud).
  5. Open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name up top) ➔ iCloud ➔ Messages Set it to ON.

If the above does NOT work then I recommend that you Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings and begin setting it up from scratch.

Axel F.

iMessage ICloud etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.