Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't select "Room" in Airplay 2

When I try to select a room, the Apple TV says "Start Using Airplay 2" and to hold my iOS device next to the Apple TV.

I do this, and the phone tells me it has connected successfully. However, on the Apple TV, I now have a "Start Using Airplay 2" screen with only a spinning wheel.

This wheel seems to spin indefinitely. I can get out of this by using the menu button. But if I then go to select a Room, I get the original message telling me to hold my iOS device next to the Apple TV. Any ideas? My software is up to date and the Apple TV has been restarted countless times. If I can't select a Room, then the Apple TV units become bricks, as they can not be updated to work with my Control 4 system. Thanks.

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 9:08 AM

Hello,

Try signing out of iCloud in Settings > Accounts. Restart your Apple TV. Sign back into iCloud and attempt to setup AirPlay 2 again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Can't select "Room" in Airplay 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.