Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am on Catalina 10.15.1 and it has stopped Photoshop cs6 from working.

I am on Catalina 10.15.1 and it has stopped Photoshop cs6 from working. I have repurchased the subscription Lightroom and Photoshop rom Adobe but now cannot get the download to work beyond 9.8%.

I have tried in safe mode ... no different.

Is there a way round this?

Does Catalina work with anything!!!!

iMac 27", macOS 10.12

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 9:56 AM

It appears that the issue is not the Photoshop CS6 app itself, but to Adobe's 32-bit authorization software it relies on to allow you to use it. There are a number of discussions at the Adobe support forum on this.

3 replies

Dec 7, 2019 10:07 AM in response to philekelly

Hi philekelly,

Photoshop CS6 isn't compatible with MacOS Catalina. The application is 64 bit but it has a lot of dependencies which are 32-bit. this is why it won't work.

Regarding the downloading not working, you could check out the creative cloud cleaner tool from Adobe and reinstall Creative Cloud. This usually resolves installation issues.

If you are interested and are looking for a non subscription you can check out Affinity Photo which is a great alternative to Photoshop.

I hope this helps.

Dec 8, 2019 7:56 AM in response to philekelly

I finally fixed this issue with the help of Adobe chat support and desktop remote support.

The issue with failed downloads is the need to remove all programs and associated files from various locations on my system before trying to download the new version. Took 25 minutes with someone who knew what he is doing...... way beyond the home user. Don't assume new versions can overwrite old versions on your system.

All the blogs refer to issues between Catalina and Photoshop...............this is minor in comaprison!

I am on Catalina 10.15.1 and it has stopped Photoshop cs6 from working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.