Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rename Magic Mouse PERMANENTLY

I have an Apple Magic Mouse, first generation I believe, and I am unable to rename the thing permanently. I have successfully renamed it several times, but it just changes itself back over and over again. I have even tried holding down "shift" and "option" and clicking the Bluetooth icon, clicking debug and resetting everything under that menu: "factory reset all connected apple devices", "reset the bluetooth module", and "remove all devices". I've done this with and without a follow up computer reboot. I think I've tried everything short of dancing the sacred Apple tech dance in the pale light of the waxing crescent moon. Does anybody have any suggestions? I know this is petty, but it drives me crazy because this shouldn't be a complicated fix. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2019 5:49 PM

Hello! i have recently bought a Magic Mouse first generation and i know how to fix your issue, I might have a difficulty since you did not specify your device. First you want to make sure the Magic Mouse is connected, go to System Preferences and click Mouse, and click "Set Up Bluetooth Mouse" and highlight your mouse and click the X next to it and quickly turn off the mouse for about ten seconds. If this does not work, reply to this post or contact me at ahoura.zandi@icloud.com Sincerely, Andrew Zandi

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2019 5:49 PM in response to Hodgenfraus

Hello! i have recently bought a Magic Mouse first generation and i know how to fix your issue, I might have a difficulty since you did not specify your device. First you want to make sure the Magic Mouse is connected, go to System Preferences and click Mouse, and click "Set Up Bluetooth Mouse" and highlight your mouse and click the X next to it and quickly turn off the mouse for about ten seconds. If this does not work, reply to this post or contact me at ahoura.zandi@icloud.com Sincerely, Andrew Zandi

Rename Magic Mouse PERMANENTLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.