Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forwarding text messages

I am working from the Bahamas. ATT international is too expensive. I have iPhone X and an iPad Pro. Bought a sim card from local service provider that has good data plan and cheaper calls to US. I have forwarded, my US cell number to a different phone. However, now that my phone has a Bahamian number, I need to figure out how to still get the text messages that were being sent to my US phone number. Looking for easy solution to forward texts sent to that number to my computer (Windows). Tried putting iPhone sim card in iPad, but I can't seem to make that work. Wrong settings or something. Is there any service that I can talk to and pay for consulting? Because I am international, I cannot be on hold for an hour to talk to someone. Any help?

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 2:19 PM

What about Wifi Calling - I use it in foreign countries and where service is not existence.

When you are in airplane mode with wifi enabled with the other settings - ALL CALLS to the States' are a local call on wifi.

When set up you get all texts on phone and computer as you should.

1 reply

Forwarding text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.