Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49218: What does this error mean? MacOS 10.15.1

This error happens with I attempt to mount and external drive that is connected to a macmini 2018 via thunderbolt 3. I can run "first aid" on the external drive, I can get info on the drive, I just can't mount it. I get "com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49218" when I try to mount it after rebooting. I can erase it, reformat it, and it will mount. Then I can read it and write it, but when I reboot the machine I back with the error and cannot mount the filesystem What is going on? If I had a clue what the error meant I might be able to figure it out.

I'm formatting the drive using APFS. Is that part of problem? I have another external drive, configured as Journaled Mac OS Extended file system, connected via USB-A 3 port, and it remounts just fine. What gives?

MacOS 10.15.1

MacMini 2018

AKiTiO SK-2520 external USB-C 3 drive via thunderbolt port

Thank!

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 5:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 4:44 AM

Reformatting the external drive using a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) file system appears to have resolved the problem. Originally it was formatted APFS. Why would APFS cause a problem? I still don't understand what the error was and I would like to if anyone has anyone has any feedback. Perhaps Apple can document the com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error code meanings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 4:44 AM in response to mymacsrock

Reformatting the external drive using a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) file system appears to have resolved the problem. Originally it was formatted APFS. Why would APFS cause a problem? I still don't understand what the error was and I would like to if anyone has anyone has any feedback. Perhaps Apple can document the com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error code meanings.

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49218: What does this error mean? MacOS 10.15.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.