Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro x 10.4.7 adaptive limiter

My Stereo Out is peaking at say -3db and not going in the red. When I put an Adaptive Limiter on Stereo out to make it louder my stereo out meter go's into the red even thou my ceiling on adaptive limiter is at -0.1., when I turn up the gain.

I used to use protools where the plugin was called Maxim and you just set the ceiling to -0.1db and the stereo out never went in the red however much you compressed.

Is this just a logic thing where they're just telling me I'm in the red but its ok because a limiter is taken care of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWhW_7gTf3Y&t=193s

heres a link where someone is doing the same thing. Stereo Out going in red when Adaptive Limiter turned on.

Thanks for any input,

John

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 8:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2019 11:45 PM

I recently moved over from protools to apple.

It has been confusing for me because in Logic the Stereo Out meter shows red even thou its not going over zero db because theres a brick wall limiter on it. In Protools the meter never showed red with a limiter on the master. So I now know to disregard logics meter and just keep an eye on the square above it which has the actual read out in yellow or red if peaking. I suppose its Logics way of saying its actually peaking but its ok because I got my brick wall on it. Thanks for your reply

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2019 11:45 PM in response to Eriksimon

I recently moved over from protools to apple.

It has been confusing for me because in Logic the Stereo Out meter shows red even thou its not going over zero db because theres a brick wall limiter on it. In Protools the meter never showed red with a limiter on the master. So I now know to disregard logics meter and just keep an eye on the square above it which has the actual read out in yellow or red if peaking. I suppose its Logics way of saying its actually peaking but its ok because I got my brick wall on it. Thanks for your reply

Dec 10, 2019 2:21 AM in response to kindjohn

So, was it the master fader? I bet that if you move the master fader beyond 0 in protools then it'll also go into the red. Just don't touch the master fader.

The meter in Logic is accurate. If your stereo out goes over 0, then this will show. I don't know what you are trying to say. Red is over 0, all other colors (on the stereo out) are not over 0.

Logic Pro x 10.4.7 adaptive limiter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.