Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

stereo out vs actual meter readings

Might anyone know why my stereo out in Logic Pro x could be c. 4-5 db higher than the instruments its supposedly having run through the output!? When I strip back just to the kick at -10db the stereo out still shows -5db, and if I push the kick to -5db the stereo out goes into the red? I'm hoping there's a basic setting that I've mis-tweaked as on every other track I have no issue!? On insight and multimeter im showing a true peak of -5.3 and -16 momentary loudness, -17 integrated? Basically stereo out when I put all instruments on is in the red and I have to bring it down a lot to even get back to 0 let alone pre mastering type levels. Thanks in advance..

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 7, 2021 2:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2021 4:39 AM

I worked this out just after I posted but thought I'd leave it just to see if anyone would get this so thanks very much for responding and well done for using your brain more than I was - this is exactly right and I spent ages clicking through everything before suddenly reading about the master fader somewhere and thought ahhhhhhh that must be it!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2021 4:39 AM in response to yoyoBen

I worked this out just after I posted but thought I'd leave it just to see if anyone would get this so thanks very much for responding and well done for using your brain more than I was - this is exactly right and I spent ages clicking through everything before suddenly reading about the master fader somewhere and thought ahhhhhhh that must be it!

stereo out vs actual meter readings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.